JOB TITLE The Source Direct Care Staff
REPORTS TO Program Manager
FSLA STATUS Part Time/Full Time/Relief, Non-Exempt
ABOUT TGTHR At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered and safe. TGTHR is committed to building a culture of equity, inclusivity, and non-violence for all individuals. For more information, visit TGTHR.org.
The following values guide all of our efforts:
● We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
● We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
● We believe there is strength in diversity.
● We believe in promoting youth voices.
● We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
SUMMARY OF POSITION The Source Direct Care Staff provide 24-hour supervision and daily care for the youth and young adults receiving services and/or living at TGTHR. Our Direct Care employees play an integral role in providing structure for participants through the use of a cognitive behavioral program including groups, accountability systems, building relationships, providing consistency, and supporting life-skills acquisition.
Program Participant Support
● Create and maintain a safe, supportive living environment.
● Consistently apply program policies through use of established protocols.
● Employ crisis intervention techniques with program participants as needed.
● Assist in supporting participant’s case management plans.
● Work with assigned program participants in the role of “sponsor” to further assist in and support case management goals.
● Monitor and record administration of medication.
● Daily logging of information into our database.
● Be compassionate and empowering while holding participants accountable. Maintain clear professional boundaries and consistent implementation of program expectations.
● Transport participants in agency vehicles.
● Assist with daily living skills while maintaining a safe and clean living space.
● Accurately report behavior in relation to program expectations.
● Support staff in working from a team approach while making group decisions.
● Attend all staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
● Accept and act upon feedback from team members and supervisor(s).
● Maintain open communication with your teammates.
● Seek out and attend external trainings to promote your development.
● Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
● Commitment to continued education of social justice, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, sexuality, gender, ability, and socioeconomics.
● Minimum of 21 years of age
● Valid driver’s license required
● BA/BS in a Social Science or related field OR 2 years of equivalent work experience.
● Available to work evenings, weekends, overnights; and short notice shifts.
● Prior experience with homeless and/or vulnerable populations is a plus.
● Respect confidentiality and maintain dignity and integrity.
● TGTHR's important work classifies our employees and program participants as high risk. Our staff's health, safety and ability to provide critical services remain our most important priorities. If you are hired, you will be required to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or are able to receive one within seven weeks of hire.
● Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION $19.80 per hour TGTHR offers competitive compensation and benefits such as a flexible work environment dependent on work position, medical, dental, vision, and accident insurance, paid time off/sick leave/parental leave/paid holidays/bereavement leave, employee assistance program/counseling services, development and educational opportunities and a 403(b) retirement plan. TGTHR is pleased to provide professional growth opportunities for full time employees pursuing their LPC or MFT licensure. In exchange for providing counseling services in programs, employees will receive on sight individual and group supervision at no cost to the employee.
TO APPLY Email resume and cover letter to: hrcontact@TGTHR.org with the subject line “The Source Direct Care Staff”. TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, visit our website here.
PO Box 1013
Lafayette, CO 80026
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County