JOB TITLE: Senior Manager of Events and Community Engagement
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
SUPERVISES: Events Volunteers and/or Interns
FSLA STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Boulder, CO
ABOUT TGTHR At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered and safe. We provide a continuum of shelter and housing services for young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness and support youth in achieving housing stability, improving their physical and emotional well-being, pursuing education and employment goals, and building strong social networks. We partner with stakeholders to advocate for policies that will address and prevent youth homelessness across Colorado. Our work is grounded in a commitment to social justice, and we are dedicated to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, programs, and community. For more information, visit TGTHR.org.
The following values guide all of our efforts:
● We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
● We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
● We believe there is strength in diversity.
● We believe in promoting youth voices.
● We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
SUMMARY OF POSITION The Senior Manager of Events and Community Engagement is part of the Development Team and is responsible for implementing event and community engagement strategies that mobilize people to support TGTHR’s work to end youth homelessness. The person in this dynamic role thrives on managing all aspects of event logistics from conception to completion and cultivating relationships to engage with community members. The Senior Manager is a key contributor to the implementation of the annual fundraising plan and KPI’s.
● Understand the needs and core objectives of TGTHR event strategy, acting as an internal advisor around curating events that align with strategic vision and growth plan.
● Successfully executes TGTHR’s fundraising events, including managing all aspects of event logistics from conception to completion, including but not limited to:
-Create event production schedule which outlines all necessary event related items needing to be completed and assigned to internal team members accordingly.
-Ensure all task deadlines are being met and proactively identify any roadblocks, challenges or delays as necessary and plan of action to correct.
-Volunteer/intern involvement in collaboration with the Volunteer Manager.
-Budget creation and management with reporting to VP of Development and Business Management team.
-Vendor management and contract negotiation including but not limited to AV, catering, decor, rentals, entertainment, auction companies, technology streaming, etc.
-Venue scoping and management.
-Create and oversee event timelines including Run of Show, speaker prep, load-in/out schedules, etc.
-Collaborate with internal teams on event themes and branding.
-Procure auction items through in-kind asks and create auction packages that drive event fundraising goals.
-Secure in-kind and paid event sponsors as needed to help meet revenue targets.
-In collaboration with the internal team and Board of Directors, drive ticket sales to ensure revenue goals are being met and the right people are in attendance.
-Track and evaluate events against KPI metrics, with an eye toward continuous improvement, including audience satisfaction, attendance, registration experience, etc.
● Create and manage clear processes for TGTHR events that create efficiencies and track annual events for historical reference.
● Collaborates with the Director of Communications and relevant Development staff on all event-related marketing and community engagement collateral.
● Increases community engagement by proactively cultivating relationships with community partners, businesses, service clubs, faith communities, and individuals.
● Manages all 3rd party benefits and awareness events benefiting the organization.
● Manages the in-kind donation program with the support of the Development Coordinator.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
● Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Accident Insurance Options
○ TGTHR pays 85% of employee only premiums and 100% of life insurance
● 403(b) Retirement Plan with up to a 3% match
● Generous PTO, Sick Pay, 9 Paid Holidays plus 1 Floating Holiday
● Parental and Bereavement leave
● Time off for Voting
● Employee Assistance Program
● Annual Professional Development Stipend, and 20+ hours of paid training
● Employee Referral Bonus
● Flexible Work Environment
● Staff Appreciation Events
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000 per year
TO APPLY CLICK HERE!
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, visit our website here.
PO Box 1013
Lafayette, CO 80026
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County