EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Housing Resource Navigator
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Work hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with occasional evening hours with some flexibility as determined by the supervisor and employee. We are currently operating on a hybrid schedule with opportunity to work a combination of onsite and remote schedule. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
Work Location: Boulder, CO
Reports to: Housing Programs Manager
The Housing Resource Navigator assists families in EFAA’s short-term and transitional housing programs in increasing their self-resiliency and obtaining stable housing by providing trauma-informed, empowerment-based case management following the Family Resource Center’s guidelines and quality standards of care. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the property management of the site deliver mail, unit inspection, unit turnaround tasks, light cleaning, site/grounds checks. Role involves approximately 70% case management and 30% property management.
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience and create a more equitable community.
- Provide trauma-informed, strengths-based case management services to housing residents designed to assist them in their efforts to acquire stable housing and increase self-resiliency.
- Coordinate case planning with family strengthening and children’s programs to provide cohesive wrap around services.
- Provide residents with household supplies and direct financial assistance during their stay.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community partners and other agencies working with housing residents.
- Execute property management protocols in collaboration with finance and property management team.
- Follow up with residents after program exit.
- Maintain data entry requirements through Bishop File and Boulder County Connect database.
- Attend monthly Program Team meetings in Boulder and weekly Housing Team meetings.
- Coordinate the acquisition, stocking, and distribution of donated food, furniture, and household supplies acquired through donors.
- Organize community events for residents, independently or in collaboration with the children’s activity coordinator, to foster community within housing sites.
- Provide support to Basic Needs Case Management Team as needed.
- Represent EFAA at community groups and public forums.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of programs and services.
- Commit to a professional development plan.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in relevant field (or commensurate professional experience).
- Two years of case management experience with underserved or vulnerable populations or related graduate/undergraduate degree with relevant experience.
- Verbal and Written Spanish language proficiency
- Proficient in MS Office platforms (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities in an environment of competing demands.
- Attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects a must.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Requires a valid Colorado Driver’s License and reliable, private transportation.
- Commitment to the mission of EFAA and the principals of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience working with families experiencing homelessness
- Public speaking experience
- Leadership experience
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Physical agility to perform all aspects of the job including standing, sitting, walking, the use of stairs, ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion. Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $53,000 annually. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive paid time off and holidays
- Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
- Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
- RTD Ecopass
- Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish employees
- Family friendly policies and practices
- A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Housing Resource Navigator”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.